March 1, 2009

The Family that Prays Together Stays Together

The Home Teaching Message this month is from Pres. Monson.

"As father hears his tiny son pray unto God that his dad will do the right things and be obedient to the Lord's bidding, do you think that such a father would find it difficult to honor the prayer of his precious son?"

This line in the message got me thinking about a very real way to influence my wonderful children and family to do what the Lord would have us do.
If I were to gear our family prayers towards gratitude, repentance, and guidance.  Including every family members' needs in the prayer, not only will my family enjoy increased peace and love but they will feel the love of our Heavenly Father and be motivated to live up to my hopes and wishes for them.

At least that is the theory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.